Mission of the Russian Railways Group
The mission of the Russian Railways Group is to effectively develop a transportation business that is competitive on the Russian and international markets and focuses on effectively meeting its objectives as a national freight and passenger carrier and owner of public railway infrastructure.
- To maintain leading positions in freight railway transportation in Europe, enhance the attractiveness of railway transportation for customers and increase freight shipments by
500–800mln tonnes by 2030.
- To improve the customer satisfaction level by enhancing the quality of services while maintaining competitive transportation costs.
- To become one of the top five companies in Europe in terms of logistics business volume and increase the proportion of transportation and logistics services in the Group’s business portfolio.
- To provide efficient servicing for the global supply chains of major Russian and international customers and expand the transportation and logistics business on the Eurasian space.
- To maintain the existing proportion of passenger turnover via the Russian transportation system and increase suburban passenger turnover by
1.8–2.2times and long-haul and interregional turnover by 1.3–1.7times by 2030.
- To implement projects for the development of rapid-transit and high-speed transportation and ensure transportation at the new speed level makes up 2% of overall passenger turnover by 2030.
- To become a top ten global company in terms of infrastructure construction and ensure the creation of a long-term order portfolio and the highest level of project implementation.
- To retain leading positions throughout the world as regards efficiency, safety and the quality of infrastructure services.
- To ensure the systematic upgrading of assets using innovative technologies and solutions based on the efficient management of the life cycle cost as well as the readiness and reliability of the fixed assets.
- To become one of the top five most attractive employers among major Russian companies and recruit the best specialists to work at the Group while guaranteeing a competitive salary, increased productivity, improved labour conditions and a modern social package.
- To prioritise ‘green’ technologies and ensure a 50% reduction in the environmental burden.
- To consistently optimise the Group’s business portfolio in accordance with the chosen strategy, focus on the core and most effective types of business and ensure sustainable synergy among the Group’s different components.