Goals and objectives of Russian Railways in 2015
Negative trends in the global and Russian economies will require the Group to improve the efficiency of financial and operational risk management and prepare a range of measures to counter the effects of such trends.
Given the complexity of the situation and the high degree of uncertainty in the external environment, Russian Railways in 2015 will focus on executing the orders of Russian President Vladimir Putin given in the address to the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation as well as ensuring the implementation of the Russian Railways Group’s Development Strategy until 2030 and the Long-Term Development Programme of Russian Railways and Its Subsidiaries and Affiliates until 2020 as mechanisms for implementing the first phase of the Strategy.
The Group’s priority objectives for 2015 include:
- Ensuring the financial and economic stability of the Russian Railways Group based on an increase in profitability, efficiency, cost optimisation and labour productivity in conditions of macroeconomic instability.
- Implementing the Russian Railways Group’s Development Strategy until 2030 approved by the Russian Railways Board of Directors and achieving the control parameters for the target state of the Russian Railways Group until 2015 specified in the Long-Term Development Programme of Russian Railways and Its Subsidiaries and Affiliates until 2020.
- Completing the formation of a modern corporate governance system for the Russian Railways Group based on performance indicators with a clear definition of the location of regional corporate governance centres and an improved level of coordination for the activities of regional divisions.
- Supporting the implementation of plans for the main investment projects of national importance, including the modernisation of the Baikal-Amur and Trans-Siberian Mainlines as part of the Razvitite Trans-Eurasian Belt (RTEB) and the Moscow Transport Hub, and the development of approaches to the ports of southern and north-western Russia.
- Continued work for strategically important projects of the Northern Latitudinal Railway and the Moscow-Kazan High-Speed Railway.
- Implementation of infrastructure projects in progress (in Serbia, Indonesia and Armenia) and the expansion of the Russian Railways Group’s foreign project portfolio.
- Ensuring interaction with the federal executive authorities for the adoption of the federal law on the organisation of regular passenger railway transportation in the Russian Federation and compensation for lost income.
- Ensuring the technological safety of railway transportation.
- Ensuring the efficient and dynamic development of the Russian Railways Group within the fourth phase of reforms with improved competitiveness of railway transportation based on a customer focus.
- Ensuring social stability in the workforce given the unfavourable economic situation and decrease in the Company’s income based on a balanced social and personnel policy and systematic public awareness work.