General Meeting of Shareholders
The supreme management body of Russian Railways is the General Meeting of Shareholders.
In accordance with Article 47 of the Federal Law “On Joint-Stock Companies”, the resolutions of the General Meeting of Shareholders shall be adopted unanimously by the sole shareholder — the Russian Government — and documents in writing in the form of resolutions and orders.
The resolutions of the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders of Russian Railways in 2014 were documented by Order No.
- Approval of the annual report, balance sheet and profit and loss statement for 2013 as well as the approval of profit distribution based on the results of the financial year;
- Spending on dividend payments for Russian Railways common shares for 2013;
- Spending on remuneration for members of the Company’s Board of Directors;
- Spending on remuneration for members of the Company’s Audit Committee;
- Determining the number of members of the Board of Directors;
- The appointment of members of the Board of Directors;
- Determining the number of members of the Audit Committee;
- The appointment of members of the Audit Committee;
- Approval of the auditor for 2014.
In addition to the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders, there were twelve Extraordinary General Meetings of Shareholders in the reporting year on matters concerning an increase in the Company’s charter capital and amendments to the Charter for which the resolutions are documented in Orders of the Russian Government No.